for more articles
How To Cash In Promoting Affiliate Programs
|1. Build your site around a topic you enjoy.
Becoming a webmaster will require a lot of time on your part. Make sure that you first build your site around a topic that you enjoy and can spend time on.
Think about what topics you enjoy most, and that you know a lot about. This will allow you to easily write about that topic to your visitors and share your insight.
2. Keep narrowing your focus until you find your niche that makes your site unique. For instance instead of sports, make your site about your favorite team or instead of marketing choose to make your site about ezine publishing.
3. Once you've decided on a topic for your site, you have also selected your target audience, and are ready to join affiliate programs that sell products to that audience.
4. When deciding on affiliate programs to join look for affiliate programs that offer a line of products -- this will allow you to earn further commissions when your referrals come back and order something else.
5. Choose affiliate programs that offer a two-tier commission structure, where you get paid a commission on the sales of people that you refer to the affiliate program, or affiliate programs that offer you the chance to earn a residual income.
6. Track your promotional efforts. This is essential in helping you identify what ad copy generates the most sales and what marketing techniques are most profitable.
7. Generate repeat traffic to your site by making your site a valuable resource.
Publish your own articles, tutorials, ebooks, your ezine archive, as well as the promotional materials provided to you by the affiliate programs you've joined.
8. Keep your site updated regularly with new material.
9. Write recommendations.
Make a recommended links or products page where you share with your visitors the benefits that the products that you promote will provide to them -- how those products have helped you.
10. To increase your commissions promoting two-tier affiliate programs, also provide a top rated affiliate programs page where you recommend your affiliate opportunities to your visitors.
11. Follow up with your visitors by providing free e-mail courses.
Your courses can be those provided to you by the affiliate programs you promote, or you can create your own free e-mail courses from your own articles or tutorials.
12. Publish an ezine.
Running an ezine will allow you to successfully drive more new and repeat traffic to your site, successfully market your affiliate programs to your visitors by keeping in touch with them, and also allow you to promote several different affiliate programs within your ezine's content.
Publishing an ezine is also an excellent way to establish yourself as an expert or resource in your field which will generate more commissions for you as your subscribers respond to your recommendations.
About the Author
Article © 2003 by writer, Ken Hill. Learn How To Build Your Very Own First Website! 4 volume first website builder shows you how to build it, write it, present it, automate it, promote it, back it up, and upload it onto the Web. All in 2 days or less using all FREE programs and graphics. Get your FREE evaluation copy now at: http://www.scstats.com/r.cfm?i=2718